Inner working of my mind

My thoughts on life...coming to you live from Las Vegas!

Saturday, April 08, 2006

*Relaxed Sigh*

I haven't felt this happy/relaxed in a long time. Last night, I had a few drinks, made a pizza, and was passed out by 11:15. Yep, my first night on break, and I'm asleep earlier than I am on a school night! Kinda sad, but those kids wore me out!

Today was a relaxing day. The first time I woke up this morning, 7:15, I decided that I still needed to sleep. I slept until almost 9:30, but decided to get up when I saw a bug in my room. I HAD to get up and kill it. Seeing the bug made me realize that I should probably Raid the apartment now that it's bloomin' hot out. I took everything out of my bedroom closet, and got the Raid. I Raided my closets in my room, the windows, the bathroom, the front door, and outside on my patio. Good times had by all. Getting work done before 10am. I sat down to read the newspapers from the past few days. I thought about driving up to the Clark County Fair and Rodeo after reading an article about it, and seeing a picture of a crapload of cowboy hats. I still need to get me one of those hats...Instead, I settled for taking a shower, doing laundry, and then putting my room back in some semblance. Unlike my room in Sensenbrenner, and home, my room here stays clean, with the rest of the apartment. I have a few things laying on the floor in my living room, and I'm actually upset by it, oh well. As I was cleaning, I was talking to Dan. He was out shopping, and asking me things about what he wanted to get. I was eating my breakfast (at noon), and thinking about what I all wanted to get this weekend. I then decided to go shopping a bit later. I needed to get some bubble bath, a table for with my chair outside (as a foot rest...I can't relax without putting my feet up), and some hair bands to put my hair up (it's that long again...but not for long. When I'm home, it's getting chopped, a good 4 inches at least.). Dan and ended up going shopping together. I went to WalMart first to see what they had to offer. I didn't like what they had, so I left to go to Target. Dan's phone was dying, so we hung up and ended our shopping trip together. I was in search of bubble bath, and could not find it while I was at Target. Dan suggested looking down the shampoo aisle, which I had just gotten out of since I had just put my hair things in the basket. Then I checked the shower gel aisle. Not there. I was about to give up when I thought I saw some...down the baby product aisle. What? Come on now...keep it where normal people can find it. I thought about getting Johnson and Johnson Goodnight Baby bubble bath, but decided to stay with the classic Mr. Bubble. I was wandering the store to see what they all had on clearance. Dan and I were talking about how we both wanted rice steamers earlier, and I wanted to go check it out. I totally forgot about it as I went past the aisle with them, but as I rounded the corner a to the clearance aisle, there was a rice steamer sitting on a shelf. It wasn't in a box or anything, but it was marked $6. Like I'm going to pass that up! I can always go online and get the manual. I ended up getting a rice steamer, a bunch of magnets (which I have become strangely addicted to...fun magnets), a table (which ended up being $2 more than at WalMart, DAMMIT!), and my hair things. I got home, and emptied my bags. I was going into my bathroom to grab a hair thing to put my hair up since it was getting hot, and there were no hair things in my bathroom. I went to go look at the receipt, and I must've forgotten my hair things in my basket! DAMN! I had hair things on my list of things to get for the past 2 weeks. I had a few of them here, but I have no idea where they went. I swear I lose things so fast here! Anyhoo...I got home in time to eat some lunch, and talk to Erika, before the UW Hockey game came on (I was proudly sporting my Wisconsin t-shirt today ;-)). As the game started, I was getting into it, and then swearing whenever BC got the puck. I decided I needed to get out of the room, and just listen to it. I prepped my stir-fry while listening to the first two periods of the game. I came back to watch the third to see who would win since it was still 1-1. I brought in my cantloupe that I had just cut up (thanks Dan for telling me that you got one today!) to eat whilst watching. Yeah, totally ate half of the cantaloupe within half of the third period. Didn't mean for that to happen. Finished the game (YES! WE WON!!! GO BADGERS!), and decided to actually cook my dinner. As I began to cook, I realized I had forgotten to get bread for french toast in the morning, and wanted to get wine for with dinner. I set the steamer to begin since I knew it wouldn't take me too long to get the stir-fry done. I came home and got going on dinner. As I was cooking my mushrooms, the rice dinged at me to let me know it was done. I took off the lid, and the rice hadn't cooked at all! It was still in the water that I had put it in with. Guess it would help if I had plugged in the steamer, huh? Got the stir-fry done, waited for the rice, and ate dinner. Good stuff. I have a ton leftover. That's cool. I can eat it this week. As I was eating, I decided to put in an episode of the original Degrassi. It was one that I don't remember seeing. One of the characters, Caitlin, had just been diagnosed with epilepsy and didn't want to take her medication. She tried out for the school play, along with one of her friends, and the friend got the part she wanted. While she was at a sleep over, she had a seizure, and everyone freaked out. It was weird, cuz Caitlin's in the Next Generation too. Damn, didn't know she had epilepsy, which is fine with me. I got done with dinner, and decided to go take my bubble bath. Took my wine, a good chick lit book that I forgot I had here (Special Relationship by Robyn Sisman, not printed here in the US anymore, Sue got it for me in England this summer), and my phone into the bathroom. Turned on a radio station on my TV, blared it so I could hear it, and relaxed in the tub. I started reading, after just relaxing for a few moments, and my phone rang. I thought about not getting it, but decided that I would tell whoever it was that I would call them back later. It turns out it was Adam. I talked to him for just a few minutes because he's up in Green Bay with friends, and he was at Denny's with them. one of them said that I was more evil than Adam. I have proof that I'm not, plus, I just KNOW I'm not as evil as he is. And here I am now, out of the tub, in my very warm apartment.

Wow, I didn't know I could blather on and on about my day like that.

Tomorrow I plan on just sitting outside and reading. It's supposed to get up to 82 tomorrow. It got up to 81 this afternoon. It was nice, but now it's really warm in my apartment. I don't want to turn on the air conditioning yet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home