Inner working of my mind

My thoughts on life...coming to you live from Las Vegas!

Sunday, April 02, 2006

I'm beginning to like spring out here. This weekend we had amazing weather. It was in the upper 60s yesterday and I believe that it got up to like 75 today. It was awesome.

I woke up early yesterday, and then started getting things done right away. I got a lot accomplished. I was able to do laundry and run errands in the morning, and all afternoon I was preparing a meal to take over to my godparents. I was talking on the phone while I was doing all of this as well. I swear I was on the phone all day yesterday. I got into my car at the last place I ran to yesterday, and my phone rang with a private number. I picked it up since I didn't know who it was, and it turned out to be Mary Kay! It was so nice to talk to her. We got talking about things, and it seems like all is well with her. Well, she told me that she left Sensenbrenner. That's not so good for Sensenbrenner. Those girls aren't going to know what to do without her. The hall's not going to be the same without her there. They've just lost the best thing about the hall. Anyway...I was then on the phone with my godparents about bringing over a meal, and then some other things. While I was on the phone with them, my cell phone rang at least 5 times. Each time from someone in the family. I was then on the phone with the family for a bit. While doing all of this, I was able to bring in my groceries and everything else, switch out laundry, start putting together my computer desk chair, and prepare the meal. I don't think I sat down for an extended amount of time until I sat down to drive to the other side of town to take the meal over. I had a good time over there. I haven't seen them since January when I moved into my apartment. The first thing Mary asked was if I wanted to see her scar from her brain surgery. It was kinda cool, kinda freaky. I then sat down to watch part of the George Mason/Florida game with them. We got talking about things, and I reminded Roger of him leading me astray with my pool picks. We ate the dinner (which they both loved), and watched the beginning of the UCLA/LSU game. It looked like Mary was getting tired, and I didn't want to stay and make her feel like she had to stay up. I don't think Roger wanted me to leave since he said that he would be staying up for the whole game. I knew that I should be heading out, seeing as how I was missing the Degrassi marathon! I came home, and pretty much sat around watching Degrassi, commenting on it with Erika, and doing crossword puzzles. Oh, and I was trying to download Natasha Beddingfield. Damn things...

This morning I got up a little later than I wanted to, but that's ok. I got up, ate breakfast, and decided to get going with my day. This is the best part...I mopped my floors today! Mom called as I was getting everything done before that (Swiffering my floors with the cool tiny vacuum to get the bigger pieces on the floor). It was time to mop! Yep, mopped, I'm still trying to get over the fact that I'm cleaning my apartment. I really wanted to go for a walk, so I called Adam to see if he wanted to go for one with me. He was there, but he pointed out to me later that it was cold and rainy back in Elkhorn. Huh, guess that wouldn't have worked well. I then turned around and realized that I didn't grade my students' journals. I decided to just go outside on my patio and grade those instead...I forgot that a few weeks ago I had them write about what they thought they were going to be doing when they are 24. Here are some great ones (I had them all start out with "When I am 24..."): (I have changed some spelling and have not touched the punctutation)
  • When I am 24 years old I am going to get a car. and I am getting a job My job is going to be armey man. When I am grown up I am going to get a dog I am going to dress it as a armey.
  • When I am 24 I will not get married because I will not go and cook for my husband and when I am 24 I will get a job in a laundry store I will go to the laundry every Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday. (yeah, she's not getting married, but this is the one who's so intent on me getting married and having kids)
  • When I am 24 I am going to get a job and it is going to be football or basketball or in the armey. I am going to get married and I am going to get kida and I am going to take care of my kids. I am going to help my wife with the dishes and when my wife tells me to help her I will help her. When I get money from my I am going to give my kids clothes and a haircut. When I get friends when I am 24 if they are playing basketball I might play with them. I might get a dog and the name is Shorty and I will build a dog house and Shorty is going to live in it or live outside in the backyard and play. If I get billions of dollars I might live in a mansion.
I got to come inside, picked up some, and then just relaxed. That's what I've been doing all day. Relaxing. I'm preparing for the end of the week. Only 5 more days til I'm on break for a month! YAY! I can't wait til my sisters come out. We're starting to plan on what we're doing when they're out here. They come out on Good Friday. The Monday after Easter, we're going to Carlsbad, CA. Dad really wants us to go to the coast, so he said he'd spring for the hotel so we could stay there. So, we're spending the day out there on Monday, and coming back to Vegas for the rest of the time I believe. We may head down to the Dam (during the week Adrienne! None of that damn traffic!) so Jen can see it. But it's party time all week for Sue's birthday! We even have a room on the Strip so we can all drink! It's going to be hella fun. I just can't wait to see them (somewhat because they're bringing me my blender!).

2 Comments:

  • At 5:02 AM, Blogger Dan said…

    what did your special kid write?

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Kristy said…

    My special kid wrote about being a vet. That's all...not a slaon owner ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home