Inner working of my mind

My thoughts on life...coming to you live from Las Vegas!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

8 days...

I only have 8 days left until I'm on break...

I thought I would just update a little tonight before heading to bed.


  • Tonight I ran into my first plumbing problem. For some reason my toilet decided not to work anymore (drain when I flush) at like 10pm. That wasn't cool at all. I had no idea how to fix it, so I ran to WalMart, picked up a plunger, and thought that may work. I came home, and the toilet decided that it wanted to work again. Whatever...as long as it works, I'm fine.

  • I only have 8 days left. I can handle that. The kids have been a bit better, but they still need a whole lot of work. I didn't have them yesterday due to staff devo. The first half of the devo was ok, but the second half was awesome. We got to go to the Orleans Arena and listen to Ron Clark. It was really awesome. He's a Disney Teacher of the Year (2000) and an author. I found out last week that we were going to see him, and I knew the name right away from seeing it all over the place in BN. It was really awesome, like I said (I found out that they're making a made for TV movie about his successes...with Matthew Perry starring as Ron Clark!! HECK YEAH I'LL BE WATCHING IN AUGUST!). I tried some things he told us about yesterday in the classroom today. He was saying how to be really enthusiastic all the time, and the kids can pick up when you're not feeling right. Well, I tried to be enthusiastic this morning, but it was raining out. The kids got to start coming to my room at 8:45am. I don't normally have them until 9:15. That just brought me down. I had to get some work done, but the kids kept interrupting me and my computer was freezing up...I guess I'll have to try tomorrow.

  • I also found out yesterday that the school is losing 300 students...which means that we're also losing teachers. My assistant principal came into my room this afternoon and basically told me I wasn't going to be coming back to Watson next year. I'm going to contact the principal at Mary's school to see if she has any openings for next year. Otherwise I get to re-interview with some principals at other schools, and then if I don't get anything there, I get to go and find another school that still has openings in May...I don't like this!


Alright, I need some sleep...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home