Inner working of my mind

My thoughts on life...coming to you live from Las Vegas!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

I had a title...just can't remember it...

It's so nice that I don't have to get up early tomorrow! I know that I'm going to wake up at about 7:30 tomorrow morning in a cold sweat thinking that I'm WAY late for school. That's when I just roll over and say, "Hell no, I'm done!" I plan on laying in bed and watching morning TV for a good chunk of the day. And then it's reading outside for the rest of the day.

Today was relaxing as well. I woke up, made french toast, read the paper, took a shower, made a CD, put my hair up, and left to run errands. I wanted to get some air tight containers for some things in my cabinets. I went to the Dollar Tree for those...good and cheap. Off to check out the gift my parents want to get my sister for graduation. They have no idea what they're looking for, so I went to go check it out for them. I came home, ate lunch, and decided to do some spring cleaning. I took the drip pans off the stove and soaked them, and washed down the stove. While I let the drip pans soak, I went outside and read some more of my book. It's not too bad. It gets you right away. My sister told me she started reading it in England after she picked it up for me, and she couldn't get into it. Oh well, I've read almost all of her other books (still have one more to read that I bought before leaving BN), and I've liked those other books. Read a couple chapters, came back in to clean up the drip pans, and decided to re-organize my cabinets. I don't know why, but I did it. Reheated some stir-fry, and watched West Wing. As West Wing was finishing up, I thought it was the saddest episode I've ever seen...and then I saw the previews for next week. I will have Kleenex next to me.

I came online after West Wing, and talked to a friend that I haven't talked to in a couple of weeks. It was nice talking to him. We haven't talked too long online lately, and it was cool getting a chance to chat. He asked me about something we had talked about the last time we saw each other...about boys. He asked me how things were going on that front, and then questioned me further. This is something that we've never really talked about. I've never really talked about boys to him, nor him about girls. Granted, we did start talking more about it earlier this year when he needed a girl's take on something. He learned new things about me. They're things that most of my close friends know, but he didn't. And he learned that I was the baby of the family. I told him that there's always something new to learn about me ;). It's kinda weird though. He and I weren't really friends at SNC until my junior year when I started hanging out with Dan more. He and I were both RAs my sophomore year, and I was afraid of him while I was in MMM both my freshman and sophomore year (which I told him about this winter when we were hanging out). It's been cool getting to know him, he's a great guy.

It was weird that he asked me about some of the things he asked me about. I was actually thinking of things that have happened in the past. I was reading my journal from SNC, and I was thinking about things. Would I change the way some things turned out? If I could, would I relive those moments? There are some things I would change. I wish I could've had the courage to tell people things that were going on in my heart during my time at SNC. There was one time I was able to do that...with the aid of massive amounts of alcohol and Dan taking advantage of that fact (need I bring up November 1, 2003?). And, after that, my life was hell for about two weeks. I hated those two weeks following that night. Not good times had by all. What else would I change? Well, I feel that once I became an RA, I neglected some friendships. I'm sure those friends would say that I didn't, but in some ways I felt like I left my friends from freshman year in the dust. Granted, they were involved with sororities and social groups, and I was consumed with trying to be a good RA. The friends that I was making while being an RA were going through the same things as I was. Yes, I got to see my friends in class and at meals, but I felt like I didn't really spend as much time with them like I used to. But hey, I'm still friends with them now, so I guess it was alright. There are so many things I would relive. Being a DW (designated walker) for Dan so many times junior year. The one time that stands out is when he turned sideways and upside down to read "Skechers" off the bottom of my shoe before taking it off. As he, John, and I left Jill's he asked if I would walk him home. John told Dan that it didn't make sense for me to walk him home since I would be passing my building, and heading across campus. John said he'd just walk Dan home. No, Dan wanted me to walk him home. That was ok with me. Turns out that Dan's residents were sitting out in front of his building, and Dan was WAY gone. We sat in front of the big clock for about an hour before heading to his building. I walked back to my room at 3:30am. I'd pretty much live most of my time at SNC. It was a great time.

Ahh...it's almost midnight here, and I'm still up and not in bed. Makes me feel happy and relaxed...first time in a long time. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home