Inner working of my mind

My thoughts on life...coming to you live from Las Vegas!

Monday, June 04, 2007

Last week of school

I never really talked about my kids this year on this. I guess I didn't want to bring work home with me or something. Friday was an awfully dramatic day with my female students. There's this one student who has had a dramatic attitude change. I never knew what was going on with her. She'd just write smiley faces as her answers and turn in her work within minutes of me having them start the assignment. She kept telling me to fail her and keep her in 5th grade. Friday she was really down with herself, so I took her out of the room and asked her what was going on. I was kidding with her that she wouldn't be able to see me everyday, and deal with me being her teacher. As I looked at her (her head was down), she looked up at me and had tears in her eyes as she nodded yes. She was going to miss having me as her teacher, so she was trying to fail 5th grade to stay with me. Damn little kids. Melting my heart. I actually had to wipe tears from my eyes after that. That totally redeemed my year.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:18 AM, Blogger Dan said…

    Awww! Whenever you're in doubt of your abilities, you can look back on this story and see you're making a difference!

    You're one heck of a teacher!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home