Inner working of my mind

My thoughts on life...coming to you live from Las Vegas!

Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Best One Thus Far

I'm sitting at Happy Hour with my friend after school yesterday, and she turns to me and says, "I have the best story from your favorite student." They were reading a book about a fox in their basel, and were doing an author's study afterward. The kids in her class decided to search the bookshelves in her room to see if she had any of the other books the author has written. Sure enough, the students find two books about the fox in her bookshelves. She read the first story to the students. Fox was a crossing guard, and his friends wanted him to go to the beach. At first he didn't want to go, he told his friends he didn't have his swimsuit. His friends convinced him to go to the beach, the animals would be able to cross the street by themselves. While he's at the beach, he has a dream that the old dog wasn't able to cross the street because he wasn't there. He was really upset by the dream, so he rushed to his post. The old dog was waiting to be crossed, and asked Fox why he would leave his post, he was letting everyone down. The old dog thanked him for coming back, but then told Fox that the next time it happens, that he should put clothes on before coming back to his post! Inappropriate! She asked the students what they thought the moral of the story was, and they gave good answers. The next book has Fox going on dates with different girls each night of the week. On Friday he's at the park with his girlfriend. As he's swinging, the pictures of himself and the other girls falls out of his pocket. His girlfriend got upset and showed the other girls the pictures, all of them were upset with Fox. Again, inappropriate! After this story, my friend decided not to ask her students for the moral of the story. As she's deciding this, my favorite student raised his hand and asked her if she wanted him to share with her what he thinks the moral is. "No, that's ok, we don't need that." "Oh well, I'll give you what I think it is anyway. I think the moral of the story is to not cheat with 3 other girls, and at least not have pictures of those girls around. But, he did have his clothes on while he was cheating!" My goodness! I love this kid!

On a personal note, I'm only 13 school days til I'm done with school, and less than a month til I'm home. I can't wait. This week was an especially stressful week, and I really want to school year to be over with now.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Personally I like the Sigfried and Roy story better. :) This one is good too. BUT...what the hell are these kids reading?!?!?! - Adrienne

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Kristy said…

    If you knew my friend, you'd realize she WOULD have these books in her personal library!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home