Inner working of my mind

My thoughts on life...coming to you live from Las Vegas!

Sunday, January 04, 2009

2008 in One Liners

*Realized I don't like high stakes testing.

*Loved having short weeks of school.

*Enjoyed her family coming out to visit. Dad's first trip to Vegas in 15 years happened in 2008.

*I started making up new words by combining 2 words, or just thinking up new ones.

*Went to many Happy Hours. Good times had by all.

*I got to sing and dance with a lounge act downtown. Achieved a life goal.

*Planned dad's 65th birthday long distance, and it helped keep her stress level down.

*I was really exhausted this year.

*I got to teach my students songs. Both 5th and 1st graders.

*Had a great Leap Day. Wish we had those more often. It'd be more fun shopping if there were more.

*I guess I spent a lot of time baking. That's ok with me.

*I went on many trips this year. Road trips and others. Road trip in California with the family, and then another one with a friend's family. Road trip home this summer. MANY trips to the obscure. Summer trip to DC. Good times had by all.

*I lived for the weekend a lot. A LOT.

*I was shocked when dad surprised both Sue and I for her birthday.

*I didn't enjoy when the AC at school wasn't working when it was 80-90 degrees out. You know, both near the end and beginning of school.

*I enjoyed celebrating holidays at the halfway point (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter).

*I got a lot of new nicknames throughout the year. Either from movies, or just from stupid things I've done.

*Solarcane. That's all I'm saying.

*Met a few B level celebs at the Mallards games back home.

*I seemed to be in better moods when I was back home. "Refreshed" "happy" "glad" "cheery" were words used a lot in her stati on her trips home.

*I spent a lot of time in Green Bay on trips home. Not a bad thing.

*When watching Women's Gymnastics during the Olympics, I got very pissed at the team from China. Really? 16? Maybe in 4 or 5 years.

*I had a lot of fun with my Vegas peeps this year!!

*I'm enjoying my school year this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home