Inner working of my mind

My thoughts on life...coming to you live from Las Vegas!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gaurdian Angel

It's been almost a year, and I think about her everyday. I miss her everyday. I move on a bit more everyday. This week I realized she's watching over me. Every time I would get down about teaching, I would hear, "Maybe you should try switching grades. Go down to a younger grade. You had a rough time with second grade, but at the school you're at, maybe it wouldn't be bad to try third or first." "Mom! I don't like the little ones. There's too much crying." At the end of the school year last year when I found out I was being moved to first grade, I thought my world was over in Vegas, and went back to my apartment to search for jobs back in Wisconsin. I asked someone to write a letter of recommendation for me to update credential files. All summer I dreaded coming back to Vegas. I dragged my feet about going back to school. Well, this week was my first week of school. I was really nervous, almost more than the students. It turns out that I like teaching the little guys (and gals). I know it's only the first week, and we're in the honeymoon stage, but it seems like a better fit for me. They like to do well for the teachers, and they do what you ask (most of them anyway). AND...I don't have as much grading in this grade. It's a lot easier for me to get done. By the end of the day on Friday, it seemed like I could hear her say, "I told you." I guess she did sometimes know what she was talking about. This year is going to be much better than the previous years. It's weird though since some of friends aren't at my school anymore, the ones that I was used to seeing everyday or going to happy hour with each Friday. I'll adjust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home